Hang-A-Pot ~ Decorating Ideas
Here are a few decorating ideas from our customers for inside the home and outside the property.
- Window Box Effect - hang 3 or 4 terracotta pots under a window to create a European flower box effect (use trailing or cascading flowers for a more dramatic effect)
- Herb Garden on a Pole - using a piece of fence post or 4x4, hang clay pots filled with a variety of herbs to create a vertical herb garden
- Orchid Displays - hang orchids in clay orchid pots on a pole, on a wall, between windows, or on lattice (see our Orchid Lovers page). For optimal display, use odd numbers and angles.
- Greenhouses - create space in greenhouses by hanging flower pots on any surface
- Accent a Fence, Deck or Wall - attaches easily to stucco, brick, stone, or concrete walls
- Container Gardening - many customers use the pothanger to create vertical vegetable gardens... One lady won an award for her strawberry patch on a pole -- she used little pots at the top of the pole and gradually used bigger pots as she went down the pole.
- Hot Pepper Pole - hang many varieties of hot pepper plants on a pole for the patio or garden
- Kitchen Helper - hang a pot or two in the kitchen near the stove and use them to store kitchen utensils such as wooden spoons
- Bathroom Design - hang painted or decorative ceramic or clay pots to match color decor and place silk plants in them (Michael's craft store has paints and craft supplies for designing with pots)
- African Violet Stand - hang your prize violets on a pole with a stand, in the room where your violets thrive
- Walls - accent walls with houseplants or silk flowers. One television designer hung pots of silk daisies on each side of a living room window where the curtains were gathered and tied.
- Storage Organizer - hang pots on a pole or wall to organize garden tools or craft supplies